Identify more biomarkers with our saliva proteomics/PTMs.
Saliva-derived protein biomarkers can help researchers understand diseases more thoroughly. Analyzing saliva in the clinical field has been complex in the past, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Tymora Analytical has developed a saliva proteomics/PTMs method to more effectively identify biomarkers. We’d love to share this technology with you!
Why choose Tymora Analytical saliva proteomics/PTMs?
- In 2017, we published a manuscript in PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences) that shows, for the first time, the possibility of identifying thousands of phosphoproteins in extracellular vesicles (EVs) from biofluids.
- We now have the ability to identify hundreds of phosphoproteins from saliva samples.
- Our approach is the first and only method that successfully demonstrates the possibility of developing saliva-derived EV phosphoproteins for disease profiling, and we’re sharing our technology with other researchers.
- With just 1mL of saliva, as the starting material, you can routinely identify more than 1,700 unique phosphopeptides, representing more than 700 unique phosphoproteins.
- The identification numbers are significantly better than anything previously reported (the previous record was 65 saliva phosphoproteins).
- We’ve based our analysis on comprehensive profiling of EVs secreted into saliva by all cells, with diseased cells and tumors producing unique EVs with specialized cargo
- Our EVtrap method allows you to extract more than 95% of all saliva EVs with very low contamination levels.
- With our EVtrap method, researchers like you can profile diseases more accurately—which leads to better treatments.