Find non-invasive biomarkers more easily with our urine EV (Exosome) proteomics/PTMs analysis.
Urine analysis offers several advantages over plasma analysis, including truly non-invasive sampling, the opportunity for more frequent collection, and larger obtainable volumes.
Analyzing clinically-relevant urine proteins or protein modifications has been challenging, but it doesn’t have to be that way. We’d love to collaborate with you and share our urine EV (exosome) proteomics/PTMs technology!
We can typically identify >1,200 unique proteins from just 0.2mL urine, or 800-1,000 unique phosphoproteins from just 10mL urine.
Why choose Tymora Analytical urine EV proteomics/PTMs analysis?
- In 2017, we published a manuscript in PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences) that shows, for the first time, the possibility of identifying thousands of phosphoproteins in plasma extracellular vesicles (EVs).
- We now have the ability to identify hundreds of phosphoproteins from urine samples as well (see our 2018 manuscript in JPR).
- Our approach is the first and only method that successfully demonstrates the possibility of developing urine-derived EV phosphoproteins for disease profiling, and we’re sharing our technology with other researchers.
- With just 10mL of urine, you can routinely identify more than 3,200 unique phosphopeptides, representing more than 1,200 unique phosphoproteins.
- The identification numbers are significantly better than anything previously reported (the previous best ID result was 14 urine EV phosphoproteins).
- We’ve based our analysis on comprehensive profiling of EVs secreted into urine by all cells, with diseased cells and tumors producing unique EVs with specialized cargo.
- Our EVtrap method allows you to extract more than 95% of all urine EVs with very low contamination levels.
- With our EVtrap method, researchers like you can profile diseases more accurately—which leads to better treatments.